The FA Sunday Cup blog

The FA Sunday Cup blog

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Silsden Sunday (more bad news)

I'm sorry to announce that one of my local sides, Silsden Sunday, have folded.

I can't say I'm surprised by this, baring in mind that they failed to raise a team for their scheduled game on Sunday.

They also have the dubious honour of having twice broken the record for the worst defeats in the Premier Division of the Bradford Sunday Alliance league, this season, as they have been beaten 14-0 and 19-0.

This is particularly disappointing for a team that a few seasons back reached the last 16 of the FA Sunday Cup and played in at least one West Riding County Sunday Cup final.

Amazingly, I heard a bizarre rumour today that they still intend to play in the Sunday Cup!! As their withdrawl from the league has been verbally confirmed to my Dad by a league official, I doubt this will happen.

However, a precedent has been set by another local side, Stanley Road, who like Silsden, suffered a dreadful start to the 2004/05 season and withdrew from the Bradford Sunday Alliance after playing only a few games. They somehow kept this information from the FA and played Fantail (MF Logistics) from Liverpool, losing 6-0, so I for one will be interested to see if the game goes ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment